This is your chance to win a $100 Amazon gift certificate for doing something you would probably do anyway, with smaller more immediate prizes along the way. Here’s how:
Part 1: Social Media Contest
Enter by posting a link to the book page to whatever social media platform you like. No Facebook Shares allowed because Facebook is poopy that way. Take a screen shot of your post and leave it up. Send the screen shot of the post to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Drawn To the Media” in the subject line.
Deadline: April 6. And I do mean period.
Drawing to be held April 7. I will write all the entries on little slips of paper and chuck those papers into the big pink bowl I use to transport my signature corn and lentil salad to any potluck I am invited to and, with a flourish, I will cover my eyes and draw one out. I would use my mixing bowl, but it’s stainless steel and the corn and lentil salad has salsa in it so I’m afraid it will react.
- One entry per social media account per hour. If you have the burning desire to repost and reenter every hour 24 hours a day for the entire seven days, go ahead. It will radically increase your chances of winning, but you will be very tired. Just remember, no shares.
- The winning entry will be removed from the final drawing (keep reading), which just means you should enter repeatedly.
- You absolutely must have “Drawn To the Media” in the subject line or I will probably delete your entry thinking it’s spam. Capitalization is not important though I do appreciate attention to detail.
Winner will receive $10 Amazon gift certificate via email probably on the 8th, but definitely within a week.
This contest will repeat with the release of each of the 6 titles in the series.
Part 2: Review Contest
Enter by posting reviews of the book to any review site you choose. Posting the same review to different sites is acceptable, but only one review per site will be accepted. Good, bad or indifferent, it does not matter. Send a link to your review to email@example.com with “Drawn to the Reviews” in the subject line.
Deadline: April 14.
Drawing to be held April 15 by the same exhaustive method described above.
- You must purchase your own book. If you received the book from my publisher, sorry but you are disqualified. (But feel free to enter the social media contest!)
- One entry per reviewer per review site, though you can cut and paste the same review to all the review sites you can find if you so choose.
- Honest reviews, repeat, honest reviews, at least 6 sentences long that contain enough information so that I know you read the book. I have pretty good radar and thick skin.
- Again the winning entry will be removed from the final drawing (keep reading.)
Winner will receive $25 Amazon gift certificate via email probably on the 16th, but definitely within a week.
This contest will also repeat with the release of each of the 6 titles in the series.
Part 3: The $100 Amazon gift certificate contest you read all this way to find out about
All remaining entries from all 12 contests (e.g. entries that have not already won) will be dumped into a giant barrel, swished around, and one will be chosen. The final drawing will be held 2 weeks and 1 day after the last book, Keep Coming Back To Love, is released. (Just a few seconds after the winning review is drawn, I dare say.) I cannot tell you when the last book will be released. I wish I could, but the editorial calendar is way, way beyond my realm of influence.
Winner will receive a $100 Amazon gift certificate via email within a week. If for some reason Amazon has gone out of business, we’ll find a reasonable substitute. The apocalypse, like the editorial calendar, is out of my control.
Email addresses will not be sold or given to any other entity. The only real intent in collecting them is to notify winners and issue prizes. I may use them to tip you off you when the next book is coming out so you can gear up to enter all over again, or I may go through a patch of severe disorganization and not. I suggest, if you are really invested in finding out news, that you like my Facebook page because, as my family will tell you, that’s the only place I can reliably be found.
Good luck and happy reading!